Deluge Client Loses All Torrents v1 v2 2.1.1 update Fix

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

Deluge Client Loses All Torrents v1 v2 2.1.1 update Fix

Post by darknkreepy3# »

So I updated from [ v1.3x ] to [ v 2.1.1 | deluge-2.1.1-win64-setup.exe ] and it restarted, losing 140 torrents and shares of work I have made to give to others, I was not happy. Was it a formatting issue? A win10 bug, something else maybe the ports weren't open to share? So, I did a little digging and found a corruption note about 1.x to 2.,x in linux.

*****note*****
I also found that the backup recovery process I list here doesn't cover the newer .torrent files that you create after you get your stuff back, 2.x doesn't by default make a 'state' backup in that tar(zip sort of) file. So... if you are missing files:

all of your .torrent files (not the data itself for the torrent) are by default stored in one area in your appData subfolders for deluge, so even if the 'state' gets lost in 1.x to 2.x and every now and then in rebooting win10/11... you can just drop and drag those .torrents into deluge when it is running and your 'state' will be updated (it's a small database file if you think about it, each torrent, how many blocks or slices have been downloaded, what is missing, etc). so:

ADD EXISTING TORRENTS SORT OF LOST IN THE DELUGE STATE FILE

1. run DELUGE as usual (empty where are my torrents!?!)
2. open C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\deluge\ on the other side of your monitor, another monitor so you can see both deluge and exporer.
3. drag the most recent torrents into deluge (you can right clixk explorer's file|size|date modified| and add |date created| to see your newest torrents since your tar(zip sort of) restore (1 day, 10 days etc, what was missing since then)

I thought, is there a place in win10 that holds the current torrent states, locations, and checksums? There has to be. But, where?

Here:
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\deluge\archive

In that archive there is a compressed files named something like this
state-2023-02-03T21-29-06.tar.xz

double click that and copy (and overwrite) all those files into your deluge state folder which also holds the torrents by default
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state

torrents.fastresume
torrents.fastresume.bak
torrents.state
torrents.state.bak

Open Deluge again, Voila.