Thunderbird Win 10 11 fix Download Aol Inbox

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

Thunderbird Win 10 11 fix Download Aol Inbox

Post by darknkreepy3# »

So I occasionally have a problem where something won't allow my emails to load because I use two computers, COMP_A and COMP_B on my windows network in my room and FIOS to access the AOL servers. Once in a while, Thunderbird is open on COMP_B where I store a shared area for my emails in D:\EMAIL\VERIZON\JOEY for instance...

What happens is the inbox stays open with some hidden flag registered in it, and subfolders like 2022, jobs, expenses, tickets, etc all work but the main inbox doesn't. Closing COMP_A thunderbird and COMP_B thunderbird doesn't do much. Actually going to COMP_B where the folders are and looking in the area with INBOX and pretending to open it as it asks what do you want to open this with clears some open file flag in the registry or file system. Close the what do you want to open this with. Open COMP_B where the folders are with thunderbird and the INBOX is available with a few files etc, but...

Since the conflict of two thunderbirds accessing the same INBOX file (database file) nothing new since, say 3:40PM till now, 6:59PM loads. On the web or on the AOL app, all verizon files are there. What to do? Well...

What if in INBOX on the web, app, we make a new folder called [_fixme] no brackets. Then we go into the INBOX and use the check mark to multiple select all files and then choose MOVE TO [_fixme]? Well that is good but there's no subfolders that show up from POP3 in thunderbird with AOL, or any server / client, maybe IMAP but that's another thing all together.

Next, move those very same files back to INBOX the same way, multiple select box at top, select all emails and move to [INBOX] from [_fixme]. now, open your thunderbird on ONE computer only, COMP_A or COMP_B etc, and your inbox works and will fill up. But, there are copies, duplicates for some, oh no! What to do?

Use the Thunderbird plugin Remove Duplicates (as of 12-01-2022 it still works wonderfully, but people stop doing these free plugins and updates, so you never know)

Remove Duplicate Messages
by Eyal Rozenberg
https://github.com/eyalroz/removedupes/
Version 0.5.2.b4
works with my Thunderbird 102.5.1 64-bit
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/download/