fios cannot reach aol.com win10 dns fix cloudflare blocking

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

fios cannot reach aol.com win10 dns fix cloudflare blocking

Post by darknkreepy3# »

So I suddenly couldn't access my aol servers with pop3 or smtp with thunderbird in windows 10 and thought, did I get hacked? Is something wrong? I removed my special authorization code, redid my smtp server, checked for oauth2 and other things. Nope.

Then I scanned my system for malware. Nope.

Then I checked the flash dns cache and reset my tcp ip stack with CMD as admin. Nope.

Then I looked with my vpn tunneling data to me while all other sites just AOL didn't work. VPN was cyberghost, worked fine. AOL.COM easily reachable. Turn off the VPN. Nothing.

Checked the HOSTS file in windows 10. Nope.

Changed my DNS from cloudflare
1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

to GOOGLE 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and AOL.COM was instantly reachable. Did this in the Ethernet card settings in control panel and IPV4 . Then I kept it on auto, went into my 192.168.1.1 router and settings for the DNS in my a1100 router...

192.168.1.1 -> Logged in with my n/p for the router (at times on your router sticker if you don't change it like I do)
My Network -> Network Connections > Broadband Connection (edit button)
Settings> click this
(scroll down on next page)
IPv4 DNS Address 1: 8.8.8.8
IPv4 DNS Address 2: 8.8.4.4
APPLY (press button)
wait...

all browsers AOL.COM works again

It was NOT ghostery in firefox
it was NOT adblock in any browser
it happened in all browsers

I could ping aol.com and get a response in CMD prompt so that was weird.

It was simply cloudflare for whatever reason 11/30/2022 all day so far blocking anything wildcard AOL in an address using their dns addresses

Might change in the future, just letting others know this by putting it online.