Sphider 1.3.4 install.php bug fix

Php, Divx, Apache, phpBB
Forum rules
Do not post any code that circumvents rules of any server. You are responsible for anything you use here.
darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

Sphider 1.3.4 install.php bug fix

Post by darknkreepy3# »

So, there's a simple fix for all of you trying to install and run the sphider search engine version 1.3.4 onto a windows server with apache and php with mysql.

old lines of code

Code: Select all

<?
error_reporting(E_ALL);
?>
this will throw errors and make the php compiler by default not see the php code unfortunately. repair it simply by adding 'php' after the '?'...

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
?>
It tore at me for hours, wondering, is it the shared server? Did I not make the proper rights, GRANT ALL didn't work? No, simply, the code was being spit out as messed up HTML because the start tag didn't have 'php'. I remember shorthand for php used to be:

<?
?>
but that doesn't work. There aren't any other bugs in the search engine I could find. It is great by the way, and I have created a flash module to work along with it. I use "GET" and the LOADVARS send type. Remember to send search=1 as one of the variables in your LoadVars object in actionscript 2, or again it won't do a search. It needs both variables.

Flash actionscript 2.0 sphider loadvars partial example

Voila.