nvidia dxgmms2.sys crash windows 10 drivers fix

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

nvidia dxgmms2.sys crash windows 10 drivers fix

Post by darknkreepy3# »

Upon a fresh install of windows 10, the drivers for an nvidia 970 would not install. an auto driver loading system was adding old drivers from a microsoft driver repository automatically. after removing the drivers using ccleaner and adding the new ones with some trouble, it crashed many times with these drivers.

sli would not work with the division and dual displays, one running firefox and the other the division full screen or windowed. dxgmms2.sys would be the culprit. after many crashes, I reinstalled the intel chipset drivers and the asmedia drivers to the newest from each vendor for the motherboard and restarted. no crashing now in sli going from the division to firefox with the windows key alt-tab or win key to go back and fourth.

win 10 is buggy as hell, and it you need to turn off the auto update driver are and make sure you use the proper drivers for your motherboard. mine was an asus with intel and asmedia usb3 chipsets and the mobo drivers were intel as well.

i saw artifacts when the start menu came up a jittery grid that would render weird then normal, the gaming in sli was green and jumbled.