hp pavillion ze5400 will not start fix

from fried circuits to replacement of lcd flourescent tubes
darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

hp pavillion ze5400 will not start fix

Post by darknkreepy3# »

while poking around in the ze5400 series laptop to see what type of wifi adapter it had related to its physical dimensions, i must have pushed the broadcom wifi board against the laptop mainboard and sent a jolt to the system. It would not turn on and I tested the power supply with a multimeter, fine. Then checked everything else, seemingly fine, no bad smells either.

So, there is a nice reset cmos hole the size of a paperclip on the bottom. I pressed down for 10 seconds to erase part of the eeprom and then tried it again, and it worked.

desktop side note

sometimes this also is the case when you try to plug in something usb internally, or an older ide hard drive on a desktop, it sends the computer into lala land. if you have two circuits in the room, goto another circuit channel and plug in the desktop, voila, it turns on. never plug internal powered components on when then the system is running. you may then find yourself thinking the power supply is gone, when really it is phased and you can just plug it into another outlet of a different circuit in the building, room. and then when it works, turn it off and goto the old circuit ac outlet and it should function if you phased it.