meteoritic.esp npc dialog bug

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

meteoritic.esp npc dialog bug

Post by darknkreepy3# »

Out of nowhere I added a few new mods to Fallout 4, and suddenly the dreaded loss of npc dialog happened. The only problem was that I have about 80-100 mods big and small, imagine that load order process of elimination. I knew something needed to be turned off, so I had to turn off everything, each and every mod in Nexus Mods for Fallout 4, and 4-5 at a time I turned them back on.

It was this strange file meteoritic.esp to which I can't find any reference online. Nexus Mods pissed a lot of people off and they moved their mods off onto discord and other repositories, which is bad, they aren't monitored and sometimes google can't search those areas either.

So, if you found this "do you need anything survivor??.." happening with each NPC dialog, it is in fact "meteoritic.esp" which is found in your folder here for example as I put my steam apps on a few drives, one being my D: drive

Code: Select all

D:\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\
find the file, and simply delete it (when fallout 4 isn't running)

I downloaded FO4Edit 4.0.4 and then it already saw my Fallout 4 main folder and "meteoritic.esp" so I double left clicked it and went into:

Code: Select all

[01] meteoritic.esp (857CF60D) \ Quest \ 010017CA <00GoodfolkDialogue1> \ 010017CD <00GoodfolkGreet1> \ 010017CE
and I saw "Do You Need Anything Survivor??.." so something this programmer has done has killed all interaction with some mix of mods I have.

imgs/meteoritic.esp.jpg