Ant Video Downloader Memory Leak 01-07-2022 v4.12

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

Ant Video Downloader Memory Leak 01-07-2022 v4.12

Post by darknkreepy3# »

So the Ant Video Downloader is great overall, but I just noticed my firefox browser going insanely slow on Facebook and wondered, was it my slow Verizon fake fios adsl 20/5 or one of my games, devices, or something else updating?

I started Firefox in safe mode, go to your start menu if you have it there, or all programs and right click and add it to start menu, then RIGHT click the Firefox icon and say yes to safe mode (no add-ons running) you will see it hover very low, under 1gb, maybe 400-500mb (yes that is still instance, but it's 2022 so...)

go to your add-ons in tools>add-ons, and notice all of the add-ons are off. now you know it's something in that, the add-ons. disable (OFF) all plugins / add-ons you use then close Firefox.

start Firefox, and it will still have a low memory footprint, check with CTRL + ALT + ESC keys and you will see it hover still 500mb or so. turn on the v4.12 ant video downloader, and it slowly gobbles up a gigabyte every 30-60 seconds until it hits a roof on my 64gb system at about 20gb of useless trashed ram from it. turn off the ant video downloader. notice it's back to normal.

just wait until they fix it and update it, and turn it on ONLY when you need to use it briefly.