Apache server glitch firewall fix win 10

Php, Divx, Apache, phpBB
Forum rules
Do not post any code that circumvents rules of any server. You are responsible for anything you use here.
darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

Apache server glitch firewall fix win 10

Post by darknkreepy3# »

Suddenly on a pc with a bunch of weird glitches and errors after running

Code: Select all

sfc /scannow
I noticed strange things like a blinking screen, HDR mode change for a video game (black screen and no way out), and other things like explorer.exe constantly closing and any ms-settings unable to open, I had to constantly use the mouse and click into a cmd prompt to even type in sfc /scannow.

To get that to work, I opened an explorer.exe and in the address bad typed in "cmd" and pressed enter. not good enough, as it didn't have admin priviledges. What now? Well, since explorer was open, it was easy enough to go into

c:\windows\system32\
and find cmd.exe and right click, run as administrator, then sfc /scannnow. errors found, restarted.

Still, no port 80 use of apache server? My desktop could not be pulled with 192.168.1.2 or //pcnamehere etc, what was it? I was running filezilla server, it's 2021, what is going on here? ran some other programs and command line prompt tests, is filezilla server going from 50000-50500 passive and dropping to port 80 (due to lots of file failures or something unknown?). No.

I used a simple program called firewall blocker app, and it is great. even in and out settings, just dropped apache's httpd.exe into the rules with "Allow" and it still did not work. what was it?

strangely enough if I went into my apache server folder, and then the bin (here is how I do it, name it very specific to my apache build to help debug like now)

C:\apache2446x64_vs16
now i just went into the bin folder and ran

httpd
no .exe just let it parse that, and wait, what? windows 10 was assking me under firewall app blocker it's own "do you want to allow this to be public or private through my (win10's) firewall?

I chose public, and ok, and, wow, voila, the apache server worked again locally with say 192.168.1.2 if the server was on that #2 ip. firefox and win10 allows you to put //computername so if your computer is named popeye in windows settings, you can put simply

//popeye
and it should work win10 firefox client looking for the win10 server with a workgroup named [popeye] same router, same subnet etc.

That was crazy, I know it was operating system glitch city too, but hey I got it to work. I figured sharing thsi would help someone else not go crazy trying everything for 90 minutes like I just did. Good luck.