Dell Latitude D620 Windows 8 Nvidia 110 64 x64 driver hack

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

Dell Latitude D620 Windows 8 Nvidia 110 64 x64 driver hack

Post by darknkreepy3# »

No support from Dell, none from NVidia. They simply want you to buy new equipment even though it is very easy to get this software to work. There is only one reason they did this, greed, in my opinion.

I tried every custom install I could figure from packages and expanding with winrar etc, strange 110 supported older drivers, and no, it had to be hacked with a custom .inf I found on the web, and then they were not able to install because the hash showed tampering. So, with a cmd prompt at admin level some bcdedits were done and restarted. voila.

02-07-2013
dell latitude d620 nvidia 110 x64 bit driver hack

drivers and inf found at
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1713955

preparing to use the win7 driver hack

1. [WINKEY+R] "explorer" [press enter]
2. goto c:\windows\system32\ and right click and drag the CMD.EXE icon to your desktop to create a new shortcut
3. right click on the icon and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
4. type in the following code to run drivers with bad hashes (which will leave you open to hacked drivers, so do this once for this)

Code: Select all

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
5. restart your pc

installing the driver

1. goto your control panel in windows 8 x64 [WINKEY+R] "control panel" [press enter] (no quotes)
2. open device manager, and view by:small icons for control panel to see that
3. open display adapter and right click the microsoft basic driver
4. choose update driver, choose from a list, your own driver, and go into the folder on your desktop (x64_driver)
5. choose the .inf file, and the 7300 driver will install
6. the screen will blink and ask you if you want to use unsigned drivers, respond with YES
7. it takes a bit of time, but it works and you will have 1440x900 now!
8. it will show as it's base chipset, the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300

putting your safety level back up for hashes in drivers
1. [WINKEY+R] "explorer" [press enter]
2. goto c:\windows\system32\ and right click and drag the CMD.EXE icon to your desktop to create a new shortcut
3. right click on the icon and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
4. type in the following code to run drivers with bad hashes (which will leave you open to hacked drivers, so do this once for this)

Code: Select all

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

5. restart your pc

uploads/dell_latitude_d620-win8_x64_nvidia_driver.rar