canon hf100 mini hdmi to hdmi cable adapter problems

tricks and tips making hdv less of a headache, which it already is compared to avchd formats.
darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

canon hf100 mini hdmi to hdmi cable adapter problems

Post by darknkreepy3# »

I have a Canon HF100 and I bought two 1.4 HDMI cables for $2.30 total on ebay from the phillipines. Then I noticed, whoops, the Canon uses mini hdmi (hdmi C 1.3 or 1.3a) So I ordered a $2.90 hdmi c - > hdmi adapter (1.3), and I saw nothing on my 24" V7 lcd via hdmi. I use my nvidia 460 and 560Ti through hdmi and or hdmi-dvi(d) and it works fine. Must be the cable? No, I tested it as I mentioned, and with an old messed up XBOX360 I was testing. No problem.

Then I tested it on my girlfriend's 37" VIZIO 60hz lcd. No signal with the adapter. Playback mode, record mode, on first, on after, tv first, camcorder first, firmware update to 1.0.2.0, nothing.

I finally tested it on my awesome i-inc 28" lcd, and I saw a signal! But, the signal was grainy, white dots appeared all over the screen in dark video review or live record mode. Also, there was no audio I think.

I ordered another adapter as a bad product request, and they sent me one. It allowed for audio, then the other adapter did as well. Still the grain. I am learning now about the mini hdmi adapter and mini hdmi-hdmi cables that are actually noted as incompatible with the hf100. It seems there are cross over wirings in the canon hdmi(c)-hdmi(a) cable that are not present in the 1.3 adapter and 1.4 cable I have. I have read "more expensive cables work". It is a matter of probably wiring the ethernet over hdmi and some power wire not flipping or rewired in a pure adapter that works with other products.

I will try another prebuilt 1.3 hdmi(c)-hdmi(a) adapter at a low price, which I have seen on amazon as compatible with the hf100 and give the results. Here is the link as of now to that cable:

$3.99
http://www.amazon.com/6-foot-Mini-HD...9953138&sr=8-9

$2.26
http://www.amazon.com/6-foot-Mini-HD...953138&sr=8-16