J&R broken motherboard not refurbished

darknkreepy3#
Site Admin

J&R broken motherboard not refurbished

Post by darknkreepy3# »

I ordered a P7N Diamond 775 socket motherboard from http://www.jr.com for $179.99 and the website claimed it was refurbished to manufacturer's specs. It was not, it was a return from a customer, and had a broken chipset heatsink, bent copper fans blades, about 30, broken copper heatsink posts (3), and a soda pop or other sugary sticky residue over the back of the entire board.

I called the 800-806-1115 number to ask if it was in stock, and then I reached the store where it was, and I was told by the worker it was not open box, and certainly was refurbished to a new state. It was an obvious lie, and I had to be put on hold for 10 minutes as he "looked to see if he could find it", meanwhile he was obviously packing it up, no doubt from the open box, trash area, etc.

When I received the product, there were the posts from the heatsink bouncing around, no refurbished sticker or label, and the box was hand taped.

If you want to buy something refurbished that is electronic, computer peripheral based, do not purchase it from j&r.com, they will sell you anything in hopes you will not complain, or bother to return due to shipping costs and time invested.

UPDATE
Tom LaBella
Director of Operations-Contact Center
J&R Music and Computer World
Phone: 800-221-8180 ext. 1200
Fax: 718-507-3166
E-mail: tgl@jr.com
www.jr.com

attempted to cover up this with a condescending email covering trails claiming there was never a complaint (which I did in email and over the telephone) and then, ready for this...
The item you bought was actually an "open box"
> unit, not refurbished. If that wasn't made clear to you by the
> salesperson, I sincerely apologize.
really? J&R sells OPEN BOX as *refurbished* listed on their site for online purchase, and you just admitted that? Excellent. As you can see, they obviously tried to sell damaged equipment in the first place, and then covered up it's listing with the usual banter about "we apologize" "nothing we can do".

To make things more interesting, they attempted to hack the mysql server and db for this phpbb3 and take it down, until I made it clear it is a federal offense. Suddenly the attempt was caught and rectified with t2 support and daily backups.
Too bad, J&R and Tom LaBella, you really shouldn't try to cover up poor business practices and then go further by yourself, freelancers, and or proxy attacks on someone over a $179.99 mistake.